Community HUB grantS
What we're looking for
For projects that bring together local residents, such as families, groups, young people or other social circles in Tower Hamlets to share ideas, learn together and feel empowered to take action on food and climate issues.
Projects will build on the cultural, experiential and practical knowledge and skills that already exists within Tower Hamlets. They will consider wider benefits of activities such as health and wellbeing, saving money, and creating joy and connection.
They are called Community Hub Grants because we imagine most of these projects will take place in a building or space that is open and accessible to the local community.
Projects should meet all of the criteria below:
- Create the space for conversations and learning together about climate and food issues
- Explore ways of taking action together as a community and/or as social circles
- Build on the cultural, experiential and practical knowledge and skills that already exists within Tower Hamlets
- Value the wider benefits of activities e.g. wellbeing and community connection
- Create a way for learnings to be shared beyond the project, with other people and organisations
More explanation and examples of what sort of projects meet this criteria can be found in the grant guidance.
- Funding size: £1,000-£10,000
- Total funding available: £45,000
- How many projects will be funded: approx 5-7
- Applications open: 19th September 2023
- Application deadline: 1200pm 7th November 2023
- Duration of projects: 6 months minimum, completed by August 2025
- Suitable for: Tower Hamlets focused organisation and groups
Before you apply
We only have a limited amount of funding to award. This means there will be some tough decisions around which projects get funded. Please make sure you have read all the grant guidance and criteria before applying. If you are unsure if your project is suitable for Community Hub funding and would like to find out more, please come along to one of our upcoming events, or you can get in touch with us at [email protected]